The Brick Church has been in continuous operation since 1767, except for the years of the Revolutionary War, when it was commandeered by the British forces for use as a hospital and later as a brig. The church was an expansion of the flourishing First Presbyterian Church at Wall Street, which had become so crowded that it was plain a second church was necessary.

The church itself is located on the corner of 91st Street and Park Avenue.