Since 1965 MAPC has sponsored a concert series – the Saint Andrew Music Society – which presents concerts in its inviting and acoustically superb sanctuary. Our Sunday afternoon the Music on Madison series features a wide range of performers including pianists, chamber ensembles, vocalists and choral groups.
Mannes Concert Hall is a 250 seat concert hall located in The Mannes College New School for Music at 150 West 85th Street in NYC.
Mon & Wed: 12 pm-8 pm Tues & Thurs: 10 am-6 pm Fri: 12 pm-5 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pm The branch opened its doors on January 16, 1914, and was one of the many libraries built with funds from Andrew Carnegie. The building was designed by CarrÃ¨re and Hastings. Originally, the simple red-brick structure rose to four stories. The top two floors were removed during an extensive renovation and modernization in 1959. This air-conditioned library now occupies almost 10,000 square feet, and has separate rooms for children and adults. It serves an ethnically diverse population of approximately 50,000; almost 25 percent ...
Famous for its innovative programming, intimate scale and near perfect acoustics, Merkin Concert Hall presents concerts spanning a wide range of genres, from classical and jazz to musical theater and performances for children and families.
In addition to classes, there is an array of other events and activities taking place throughout the year including gallery shows at Next Gallery, an urban dialogue guest-speaker series, and the MCNY Short Film Festival.
Concerts and lectures are held in this auditorium.
Harlem's 20,000-square-foot living room for film and live performances, including music, from the African and Latino diaspora.
Mon - Thurs: 10 am-8 pm Fri & Sat: 10 am-5 pm For more information on the branch, click here.
Mon & Wed: 10 am-6 pm Tues & Thurs: 11 am-7 pm Fri: 12 pm-5 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pm The Morrisania Branch of the New York Public Library holds a commanding position on McKinley Square. The area was once farmland owned by Jonas Bronck, the man who gave his name to The Bronx. He sold his land in 1660 to Captain Richard and Colonel Lewis Morris, who changed the name of the land from Broncksland to Morrisania. Designed by Babb, Cook and Willard and opened in 1908, the branch was constructed from funds given to New York City by Andrew ...