A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Ukrainian Institute of America (UIA)

Headquartered within a French Gothic-Style mansion on Museum Mile (Fifth Avenue) since 1955, the UIA promotes Ukrainian art, culture, music and literature.

Ukrainian Museum

The Ukrainian Museum preserves and interprets art and artifacts relating to the history and culture of this Eastern European nation. The museum's collection is divided into the areas of folk art, fine art and historical archive.

Van Cortlandt House Museum

The mansion, the oldest surviving private residence in the Bronx, is a fine example of vernacular Georgian architecture. Built in 1748 by Frederick Van Cortlandt, it was once at the heart of a lucrative wheat plantation that spread across much of the Bronx.

Vander Ende-Onderdonk House

The Vander Ende-Onderdonk House, built around 1709 by Paulus Vander Ende, a Dutch farmer, is the oldest Dutch-American farmhouse in New York City.

Voelker Orth Museum

The Voelker Orth Museum is a bird sanctuary and Victorian garden that functions as a museum maintaining the cultural and historical heritage of Queens and Long Island.

Weeksville Heritage Center

This historic museum preserves the history of the free and intentional 19th century African-American community of Weeksville. In addition to tours of the Hunterfly Road houses, there are a variety of events, workshops and classes.

Wyckoff Farmhouse Museum

This wood-shingled Dutch Colonial farmhouse, built about 1652, is the oldest home in New York City. It stands on land that is believed to have been purchased in 1636 from the Canarsie Indians by Van Twiller, the first director general of New Netherland. With Dutch ceramic tiles and a period garden, visitors can tour the household of the Dutch settlers in the New World.

Yorkville Branch-New York Public Library

Mon & Wed: 12 pm-8 pm Tues & Thurs: 10 am-6 pm Fri: 12 pm-5 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe Yorkville Branch of the New York Public Library is considered one of New York's most elegant turn of the century adaptations of Palladian-inspired architecture. Designed by architect James Brown Lord, the branch officially opened on December 13, 1902. The building is a designated New York City Landmark and is listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places. The library's interior was extensively renovated in 1986-87. The branch's adult, young adult, and reference collections are located on the first floor. The children's ...