Mon, Tues & Fri: 10 am-6 pm Wed: 1-8 pm Thurs: 1-6 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe library moved in 1905 to its current Carnegie building, designed by William B. Tubby. Carnegie libraries were built with money donated by Scottish-American businessman Andrew Carnegie. The branch also has materials in Chinese. For more information, click here.
The Center For Thanatology Research & Education is a small press, library, museum, resource center and mail order bookseller that handles books, media and periodicals on the study of mortality.
This is the main library of the Brooklyn Public Library system.
Mon - Thurs: 8 am-6 pm Fri-Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe Chatham Square Branch opened in 1903 at 33 East Broadway, replacing a branch of the New York Free Circulating Library that had served the neighborhood for four years. The building, designed by the distinguished New York architectural firm McKim, Mead and White, features a handsome facade. It was the second library to be constructed with funds from Andrew Carnegie. From its earliest days, the branch has always been an integral part of the Chinese neighborhood it serves. Today, it acts as a cultural and civic center for a community of avid ...
The collections and library of the City Island Historical Society, a not-for-profit organization established in 1976, is housed in the City Island Nautical Museum, which is located in the old Public School 17 building. The museum chronicles the island's yacht and shipbuilding history as well as its role during the American Revolution.
Mon, Wed & Fri: 10 am-6 pm Tues: 1-8 pm Thurs: 1-6 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe library, built in 1990, has a distinctive design featuring a skylit reading room and recreational courtyard. It won the Arts Commission Award for Excellence. For more information, click here.
Mon: 1-8 pm Tues, Wed & Fri: 10 am-6 pm Thurs: 1-6 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe branch has a large Black Studies collection and an art reference collection. For more information, click here.
Mon & Wed: 1-8 pm Tues & Thurs: 11 am-6 pm Fri & Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe Columbus Branch of the New York Public Library has been a center for education in the multi-ethnic, working-class neighborhood of Clinton since the branch opened in 1909. It is one of 65 libraries built in the early 20th century with funds contributed by Andrew Carnegie. The nucleus of the collection came from the reading room of the Columbus Catholic Club, a social and educational club for young men. In 1901, the club's library was incorporated into the Cathedral Free Circulating Library, and in 1905, as ...
Mon, Tues & Fri: 10 am-6 pm Wed: 1-8 pm Thurs: 1-6 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmFor more information, click here.
Mon, Tues & Fri: 10 am-6 pm Wed: 1-8 pm Thurs: 1-6 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe Cortelyou Branch opened in 1983 and serves a diverse community with children's programming, help for those wishing to improve how they speak English, and services for the needs of area public, parochial and private school children, and college students. Languages materials are available in Arabic, Bengali, Bangla, English, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Hindi, Polish, Russian, Urdu and Chinese. For more information, click here.