This museum and study center is dedicated to celebrating New York Harbor and the work of American artist, John A. Noble (1913-83), whose houseboat studio is its centerpiece.
This museum, situated in a quiet industrial neighborhood of Long Island City, is dedicated to the life and work of the internationally recognized Japanese-American sculptor Isamu Noguchi (1904-1988).
The Nolen Library in the Ruth and Harold D. Uris Center for Education is open to all Metropolitan Museum of Art visitors and welcomes readers of all ages to consult a wide range of non-circulating materials about the museum’s current exhibitions, permanent collection, and art history in general. The Children’s Reading Room features a collection of books for young readers and computers with art-related games and stories.
On multiple platforms, NYC-ARTS reports on New York City‚ cultural organizations, whose offerings greatly benefit residents and visitors‚ from children to adults, and teenagers to senior citizens. Through web sites, television, mobile applications and social media, NYC-ARTS nurtures New York City‚ position as a cultural capital of the world, one that has both world-renowned institutions and those that are focused on local communities.
Dedicated to the collection, preservation and exhibition of television and radio programs, the center possesses a collection of over 150,000 recorded programs covering more than 80 years of radio and television history.
The Prince St. Project Space hosts the weekly Leslie-Lohman Studio group life drawing sessions and is regularly used as a working studio for individual artists. The studio occasionally features short-term contemporary exhibitions.
Headquartered in the historic house known as Kingsland Homestead, the Queens Historical Society explores the history of the borough from its aboriginal roots up to the present day.
The museum focuses on contemporary art, both from the museum's own collection and on loan. The collection also includes World's Fair memorabilia and works about New York City. The museum's Panorama of the City of New York, a 9,335-square-foot model of the five boroughs commissioned by Robert Moses for the 1964 New York World's Fair. The Panorama features detailed replicas of every single building updated as of 1992.
Funded by the Susan and Elihu Rose Foundation and opened in 1991, the Rose Museum chronicles Carnegie Hall's history and exhibits its archival treasures to the public. The permanent exhibit contains a chronology of events from 1891 to the present, a history of the building and items relating to the many notable figures that have walked through the hall's doors.