The Bronx Council on the Arts provides an array of services to 5,000 artists and more than 250 arts and community-based organizations.
The Brooklyn Historical Society is a nationally recognized urban history center dedicated to preserving and encouraging the study of Brooklyn's 400-year history. Its galleries and archive are housed in a magnificent landmark building.
Founded in 1912 as the Brooklyn Music School Settlement, the school runs programs that span the borough of Brooklyn and include the neighborhoods of Fort Greene (where it resides), Red Hook, East New York and Brownsville.
Mon & Wed: 11 am-7 pm Tues, Thurs: 12 pm-6 pm Fri: 12 pm-5 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmThe Castle Hill Branch of the New York Public Library, a modern spacious brick building located on Castle Hill Avenue near the corner of Bruckner Boulevard, was opened in July 1981. Fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, the one story facility houses an adult, young adult and children's collection. A multi-use meeting room is available for community group meetings as well as library programs.For more information on the branch, click here.
The Center for Architecture Foundation (CFAF) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting public awareness, understanding and appreciation of architecture, design and the built environment through hands-on education programs.
The Center for Jewish History is home to the American Jewish Historical Society, the American Sephardi Federation, the Leo Baeck Institute, Yeshiva University Museum and the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research.The collections at the center contain resources for the documentation and exploration of the Jewish experience and include old and rare books, periodical collections, photos, memoirs, official decrees, personal letters and contemporary publications about all aspects of Jewish identity. The art collections include posters, paintings, sculptures, archeological artifacts, historical textiles and ceremonial objects. These rich and varied collections define one people and many cultures.
The most frequented urban park in the nation attracts more than 20 million visitors annually. Built between 1858 and 1873, it occupies 6 percent of Manhattan's land area, or 843 acres. At 2.5 miles long and a half mile wide, it is the largest work of art in New York City.
The Conservancy is responsible for capital Park improvement projects. It offers a wide range of free programs to the community, including family programs, education and volunteer resources and recreation activities.