This multidisciplinary institution promotes performing, visual and literary arts through classes and performances for a wide range of audiences. Founded to promote issues of Jewish values and American pluralism, the Y now promotes a diverse roster of programs.
The Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church was established in 1892. As one of oldest Greek Orthodox Churches of the United States of America, we are proud of our legacy of love and care for our neighbor.
Arts at The Park, a component of the Park Avenue Christian Church (known as “The Park”), brings together outstanding performers and ensembles from the greater New York City metropolitan area for programs that enrich and inspire and that touch our shared human story and experience.
This church has been in continuous operation since 1767, except for the years of the Revolutionary War, when it was commandeered by the British forces for use as a hospital and later as a brig.
The Cathedral of St. John the Divine is the largest Gothic-style cathedral in the world and the seat of the Episcopal Diocese of New York. On display throughout the cathedral is a remarkable collection of religious icons, tapestries and paintings from the 16th through 20th centuries.
The institute mounts a range of exhibitions, among them the Annual Russian Group Show and the Annual Chassidic Art Group Show, both now entering their third decade. The institute is most noted for its many one-person shows of artists.
This non-religious organization engages schoolchildren and families with two permanent exhibitions that allow active, hands-on exploration of history and culture in non-threatening and inclusive ways to benefit the diverse Jewish community and the community at large.
This edifice opened in March of 1833 and resembles the simplicity of that period. With excellent acoustics, the church has continued high quality music programs, with various choruses and chorales performing frequently. Its own adult vested choir sings the classic Catholic repertoire each Sunday at the 11:30 am mass.
The church building, designed by Emlen T. Littell, laid its cornerstone in March of 1864, and had its first services in December of the same year; it was consecrated in 1865.
Various arts groups have events in this school.