Free admission (all visitors, all hours)
The interpretive period of the museum house is from 1748-1823 when Frederick Van Cortlandt and his two eldest sons, James and Augustus, owned the property. Spacious formal rooms and bedchambers are furnished with 18th-century antiques. The kitchen has a vast fireplace, cauldrons and shovel oven. Among the mansion’s many treasures are America’s oldest dollhouse and child’s sled. Group tours, concerts, lectures and special programs are occasionally offered.