Dancewave transforms the lives of New York City youth through unique exposure to world-class, pre-professional performing arts training. Since 1995, Dancewave has offered education programs for young people with a rare combination of four core values: artistic integrity, educational rigor, nurturing support and access for all.
Led by Diane Jacobowitz, Artistic/Executive Director, Dancewave offers dance training, pre-professional dance companies, arts in education and community performances.
* The School at Dancewave offers dance classes for all ages at the Dancewave Center and locations throughout Park Slope. Classes include Creative Movement, Ballet, Modern, Jazz,African, Hip Hop, Musical Theater and more. The annual Summer Dance Intensive offers 10-18 year olds from across New York City the opportunity to study intensively for two weeks with renowned dance professionals in a broad range of disciplines.
* The Dancewave Company changes lives by giving teens the opportunity to perform the works of world-renowned modern dance choreographers such as Mark Morris, Twyla Tharp, Garth Fagan, Bill T. Jones and more. Dancewave Company II and Young Movers Ensemble bring more performance opportunities to talented and dedicated youth.
* D-Wave in Motion brings dance residencies to NYC public schools for all ages and dance disciplines, and the Master Class Tour brings FREE workshops taught by professional teaching artists into NYC public schools.
* Kids Cafe Festival celebrates the talents of NYC youth in a dance festival created by and for young people featuring 250+ talented youth from across the city.
* Volunteer: Dancewave is always looking for volunteers to help out at events and performances.
* Contribute: Financial and in-kind donations help Dancewave achieve its mission, expand its programs and increase community outreach.
Stay in touch! Like us on facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Visit dancewave.org for more information.
D-Wave in Motion, Dancewave’s public schools program, began in 2001. Dancewave has worked with P.S. 172 in Sunset Park, Brooklyn, developing a dance curriculum for kindergarten and first graders, since 2001 and has also worked with IS 125, MS 390, PS 106. In 2008 it began programs at Canarsie HS and P.S. 133. Lecture-demonstrations and D-Wave in Motion programs are available to other public schools as well.