Description

The Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre (formerly the Royale) was originally built in 1927 by real-estate magnates, the Chanin Brothers, as part of a complex that also included the Majestic (a large musical house) and the Theatre Masque, now the John Golden (a small house). The three theaters enabled producers to move shows based on their ticket sales to the most appropriately-sized venue.