Mon & Tues: 10 am-6 pm
Wed & Thurs: 11 am-7 pm
Fri: 12 pm-5 pm
Sat: 10 am-5 pm
The West Farms Branch, which began as a 'sub-branch' of the New York Public Library in 1929, has been serving residents of the South Bronx in its present location on Honeywell Avenue since 1954. Its patrons include a diverse Hispanic and African-American population as well as immigrants from Albania, Italy and Yugoslavia. West Farms was recently renovated through the Library's Adopt-a-Branch Program. Among the improvements are restored walls and finishes, new air conditioning and the installation of a ramp and elevator providing full access to persons who use wheelchairs. The branch has reading rooms for adults and young adults on the first floor and a children's room on the second floor with a toddler area and a separate story hour room. A large outdoor reading area opens off the library's first floor.
For more information on the branch, click here.