Mon & Wed: 12-7 pm
Tues & Thurs: 10 am-6 pm
Fri & Sat: 10 am-5 pm
The Epiphany Branch of the New York Public Library, once part of the Cathedral Library Association founded by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, has served the Gramercy Park-Stuyvesant Town area since 1887. The current Epiphany Branch building, an elegant Carnegie Library, opened on September 29, 1907. It was a major neighborhood cultural and educational source until 1982, when it was closed for nearly two years for an extensive expansion and renovation; the restored library opened on July 16, 1984. Today, the handsome three-story building, fully accessible to persons who use wheelchairs, houses adult, young adult, and children's collections. A modern auditorium, available for community group meetings and library programs, is located on the third floor.
For more information on the branch, click here.