The Shubert Organization has owned the Winter Garden Theatre longer than any of its other venues. The playhouse occupies the second American Horse Exchange, built by William K. Vanderbilt in 1896. The Winter Garden was converted into a theater in 1911. Mamma Mia!, based on the songs of ABBA, debuted here in 2001 and continues to play.
WNYC Classic New York (93.9 FM) and Radio New York (AM 820) together constitute the most listened-to public radio station in the United States today. WNYC is a member station of National Public Radio and also broadcasts programs produced by Public Radio International.
Wolfes Pond Park is a large public park located on the South Shore of Staten Island. As one of Staten Island's largest parks, Wolfe's Pond Park offers a beautiful beach a wildlife and plant preserve and various recreational areas with sports facilities.
Wollman Hall is part of the New School University.
Wollman Rink offers fun for all seasons, providing 26,600 square feet of ice for skating in the winter and pedal boats on the lake in the summer. Although not a part of the original plan for Prospect Park, the Rink, built in 1960, has added a dose of winter fun for thousands of skaters, in addition to serving as home ice for local amateur men's and women's hockey teams.
TWWI is dedicated to youth development, and cultural and economic empowerment of women and girls in low-income communities in New York City and developing countries.
Women's Project, under the direction of Julie Crosby, producing artistic director, delivers compelling theater, innovative programs and electric events as the nation's oldest and largest company dedicated to producing and promoting theater created by women.
Mon & Thurs 1-8 pm Tues 1-6 pm Wed & Fri 10 am-6 pm Sat & Sun closed Foreign language collections at this branch include Bengali, Chinese, French, Polish, Russian and Spanish. For more information on the branch, click here.
Mon, Wed & Thurs: 11 am-6 pm Tues: 11 am-7 pm Fri: 1 pm-5 pm Sat: 10 am-5 pmIn 1931, the Woodlawn Heights Branch Library of the New York Public Library began as a storefront on East 237th Street and Katonah Avenue. In 1969, the library moved to the corner of East 239th and Katonah just three blocks from the Yonkers border and now occupies a modest 2,500-square feet. This cozy one-floor branch is accessible to persons using wheelchairs and houses materials for adults, young adults and children.For more information on the branch, click here.
Mon & Thurs 1-8 pm Tues 1-6 pm Wed & Fri 10 am-6 pm Sat & Sun closed Foreign language collections at this branch include Bengali, Chinese, Hindi, Korean and Spanish.For more information on the branch, click here.